Friday 28 October 2011

WIP: MASTER BEDROOM

Apart from the thrill of the chase, part of the fun of ebay are the adventures you go on to pick up your goods and the people you meet. After a long mission to find affordable, bedsides which were the right size, had drawers and were not faux French provincial, I found a pair on ebay and for less than $150 they were all mine. Only problem is that we needed to pick them up from Lithgow - three hours from home across the Blue Mountains ("the worst place ever", SP). Anyway after promising to shout all SP's meals on the trip, we set off on our journey one sunny winter's Sunday morning. After breakfast at a cafe in Leura (where we also picked up a bedspread for the KS bed) we arrived in Lithgow a few hours later to find that no one was home at the pick-up location. SP was more gracious that I could have ever been if the tables were turned. Anyway after circling the town a few times, we returned to find the couple at home, in their ramshackle old convent which they were planning to renovate, loaded our purchase into the car and headed home via lunch in Bilpin. The tables are nothing special - just stained pine, but the shape works in the space. I might paint them, I might not. But they will always make me smile because of the little adventure to bring them home.

More recently the new bed-head from Heatherly Design has arrived. After ordering 413(!) fabric samples, I chose the Bailey design in a dark grey / green linen. Again I am really pleased with the outcome and glad I splurged on the matching valance which absolutely finishes it off.



Other developments in the bedroom (he he!) include the installation of the built-in-robe (which still needs to be painted). Aramis Kitchen designed and built it for me and I am really pleased with the finished product. Not only was a lot more affordable than the one in the Old Home, it is also a much more efficient use of space internally (I even spare drawer space - though not much spare show space!).


The next big project here (apart from painting which will happen soon) is the recovering of the little green sofa I bought on ebay (my first ebay purchase for New Home). It really likes its spot under the large windows, but I am a little stuck for inspiration on what to cover it.