Tuesday 28 August 2012

US FLEA MARKET FINDS - KNOBS & PULLS

One of the things I enjoyed the most during my trip to the US were my trips to various flea markets - I found ones in Boston, New York (Chelsea Garage Market) and Monterey (Cannery Row Antique Mall) but these all paled in comparison with the monthly market at Alameda Point just outside San Francisco. It was no coincidence that my trip coincided with this market! But I was blown away with the scale, variety and price. Unfortunately due to luggage constraints I was limited to the types of things I could bring home - glass, crockery and large enamel buckets were all off the list! So I focused on this I frame, linens, and hardware. I came home with this collection of door knobs, drawer pulls and hooks. Can't wait to put them all to good use in various projects in the months to come.